Saturday

March 17th, 2009.


Today an old friend of mine passed away. It was a day of emails and phone calls from people all over the world, who I haven't spoken to in years. When Mailys and I were little we lived in the same neighborhood in Shanghai, and we used to race bikes around the compound, dance to the Spice Girls in her room, and break into houses that were under construction. She wanted to be a singer when she grew up, which was fair enough, because at the time she sang the theme song from The Prince of Egypt way better than any other 9 year old.





I'm sad that I barely knew the woman she was becoming, but I'll never forget that special little gal.

rip

1 comment:

  1. So, so sad. I am sorry to hear this.

    Her parents would love to read what you wrote above as a tribute to her from an old friend from Elite Gardens. Any input they will be thirsty for on their wonderful daughter. 'To live in the hearts left behind, is not to die.'

    Hope u r doing ok, miss liz.

    ReplyDelete