Saturday

January 20th, 2009.


I spent Inauguration Day watching the coverage giddily. When he finally got off class, I met Matt downtown and we ate a long lunch at Dennys. (He got a roast beef sandwich, I got fajitas.) We had about 8 cups of coffee each until I got that weird feeling, like I was getting tipsy for the first time or something. We ironed out a lot of latent gross stuff, bonded, passed headphones back and forth, I watched us from a distance and it looked like we were on our third date. It was a nice eating experience.
Then we went to the art gallery, (pictured above) they were between exhibits so some of the stuff was pretty ehh, but we didn't have to pay to get in! Sweet. I exchanged numerous glances with a guy I eventually recognized as someone I argued with last year while making his double Americano. Absolute asshole. Small world. We took the bus to Value Village and I bought cat-eye sunglasses and a long leather jacket! Got home and painted Siouxsie eyes on the back while we watched the Simpsons. Pleasant day.

No comments:

Post a Comment